What do super-successful content marketing campaigns have that mediocre content marketing programs usually lack?
Both have content, so the answer to my question is NOT “good content.” It’s not difficult to create good content, and most campaigns have it.
The answer is that content marketing campaigns that are crushing it do so because they have great copy.
By copy, I’m talking about any text that sells the prospect on the free content and gets him to respond and request it. This includes copy for:
- E-mail marketing messages.
- Blog and social media posts.
- Online ads.
- Press releases.
- White paper and other lead magnet titles.
- Landing page copy.
The secret is to write all these using what master marketer Mark Ford calls “A-level” copy.
Most copy is B-level. That means competent, but nothing unusual or particularly engaging. The same old same old. Ho-hum.
A-level copy, by comparison, grabs the reader by the lapels and won’t let go. It compels him to read, respond, take action, and get your free content – and pre-sells him on reading it and buying what you are selling.
For instance, one campaign I did for a telecommunications firm used audio content dramatizing a huge problem that the firm’s customers had.
The campaign was written up in Direct Marketing magazine, won a Gold Echo award from the Direct Marketing Association, generated a 50% response rate, and produced sales of nearly $6 million in just a few weeks.
Take your content marketing from B-level to A-level
In my new video course Secrets of Successful Content Marketing, I reveal my proven formula for turning ho-hum content marketing into home-run content marketing.
In the first video, you will discover:
- The 3-components of A-level copy – and how to write it every time.
- The ideal content-to-sales ratio for sending e-mails to your house e-list.
- 2 incredibly effective content marketing tactics: how-to tips and storytelling – and how to use each.
- An easy shortcut to using existing content in your marketing: “enhanced” content curation.
- A proven formula for generating low-cost leads for B2B offers with online advertising.
- How to generate sales leads, not just downloads, from the landing page offering your free content.
- 6 ways content can help improve your marketing results.
- Why good content is NOT “information.” Here’s what great content really is.
- Why content marketing influences almost 9 out of 10 B2B prospects in certain niches.
- How to “adjust” your copy so you have 10X more response than you are getting now.
- A content marketing campaign from Steve Jobs that generated 5,455% ROI.
- What I learned about content marketing from David Koch of the billionaire Koch brothers (he once was my boss).
- How to tell an engaging story in your sales copy.
- How to write how-to tips your prospects will love.
- How to write copy that appeals to the prospect’s core emotions.
- Delivering useful content with a landing page “freemium.”
- An online B2B content marketing campaign that produced leads for only $10 per inquiry.
- How to design a winning landing page for content offers.
- 10 great topics for your next white paper or special report.
- Why you should NOT call your lead magnet a “white paper) – and 8 things to call it instead.
- 6 formulas for titling your bait piece.
- Using a “content matrix” for planning your content marketing strategy.
- How to write a “tip sheet” quickly and easily.
- The FAQ format for organizing a lead magnet.
- 7-part outline for your next white paper.
- 8 types of visuals that can enhance the quality and graphic appeal of your lead magnets.
- How to produce content that appeals to the 4 modes of learning.
- 30 different content formats you can choose from.
- How Radio Shack used comic books to sell computers.
- The 6 characteristics of high-response offers.
- Promoting your content with free publicity.
- And more….
Next, the second video in the program focuses on how to come up with good marketing ideas, especially for content marketing.
We discuss a 5-step process used for decades by top advertising professionals to originate creative campaigns that win consumer attention and sales.
You also get an audio recording of me discussing content marketing with top marketing guru Jim Blasingame on his radio show The Advertising Show. We show you why content marketing is so hot today, but also why content alone can’t close many sales – and what else you need to generate leads and orders by the truckload.
My readers say it best!
“You are awesome! I will always come to you first for the products that I need. You have class, integrity, brilliance, naturally gifted, and you are second to none! I am impressed with and appreciate your prompt response."
"Once in a blue moon, you get the chance to meet a living legend, one of the great men who has shaped his chosen field. In my unending pursuit of powerful marketing, I came face-to-face with just such a man. Robert Bly is America's Top Copywriter and a genius marketer. He's authored over 70 books for McGraw Hill and others, and gets paid more per word than nearly every author in America. Like all great men, he is a teacher and mentor extraordinaire. He freely shares the secrets of turning marketing into money."
"Bob, your stuff is always so good that even though I'm retired now, I have to read it!"
"You are someone I've grown to admire greatly. You share your knowledge with and encourage people in achieving their dreams, trying new things, and learning tricks of the trade. It's a rare 'guru' in our world today who is thoughtful and kind enough to help up and comers find the path to success. In my opinion, you are the very best. I'm grateful to you."
"During the past 20 years, Bob Bly has become one of America's leading direct response copywriters. He has probably done more to teach other writers the craft of effective and persuasive writing than anyone else."
--Roger C. Parker
"After considering a number of high-level marketing professionals and reflecting on the matter for several weeks, I made the decision to ask Bob Bly to share the stage with me for my Twin Keys to Wealth-Building Conference. The reason I chose Bob is because I am convinced that he can deliver more tangible value to conference attendees than any other marketing or Internet expert on the planet."
--Robert Ringer, best-selling author
"I have huge admiration for your work. You're one of the few guys out there selling real information -- and selling it at a reasonable price! I think what you're doing is head and shoulders above others."
"To me, the product promos you've been sending have plenty of content. I look forward to your e-mails, because they are great idea generators. When an e-mail marketing message from you comes in, I follow it to the pages and then read and digest the sales copy. That alone is a goldmine to me. I love your grounded hype-free style. People should just model your approach and they would be wealthier for it. Thanks a lot for all the good stuff you've created over the years."
"The products I've ordered from you have been so good I've recommended them to others [and] your price points are very reasonable. Thanks very much for the content, the lessons, and the model to follow."
"I get great value from your free materials, so I have no problem with your commercial content coming to me too. I've also received good value from the products I have bought from you."
Act now and save $30
Every day I get calls and e-mails from people imploring me to consult with them on their content marketing campaigns.
Well, they’re out of luck. My hourly rate is $500. With a 10-hour minimum consulting fee, payable in advance, you have to write a $5,000 check to hire me. And I am usually booked months in advance.
In my video course on content marketing, you get my proven formula for taking your content marketing to the next level with “A-level” copy and great content. And it won’t cost $5,000 … or $500 … or even $100 to get my system!
That’s because Secrets of Successful Content Marketing has a list price of $77 – and that’s what we’ll sell it for later in the year.
But act now and it’s yours for only $47 … a savings of $30 … less than I charge for just 10 minutes of my time.
And that’s the investment you make only if my program succeeds at helping you produce content marketing campaigns that rock the house and beat all previous sales records.
If it doesn’t, then it won’t cost you a penny. Here’s why….
Our 100% iron-clad guarantee of satisfaction
I totally guarantee your satisfaction with this unique video course on how to create kick-butt content marketing campaigns.
In fact, the program can easily pay back its cost more than 10 times over the very first time you use it to market with content!
Even better, if you aren’t convinced that Secrets of Successful Content Marketing is the best investment you’ve made in your marketing this year….
Or you are unhappy for any other reason … or for no reason at all … just let me know within 90 days.
We’ll give you a prompt and full refund. That way, you risk nothing.
So what are you waiting for?
To order Secrets of Successful Content Marketing on a risk-free 90-day trial basis at $30 off list price, just click below now:
Robert W. Bly, Director
P.S. Order Secrets of Successful Content Marketing today and you get a FREE 17-page Bonus Report, Marketing With Content (value: $9).
In it, you’ll discover:
- 6 secrets of selling to engineers and other techies. Page 2.
- How to write content-rich white papers. Page 5.
- How content can help you achieve your marketing objectives better and faster. Page 8.
- Where to get free content you can repurpose in your marketing. Page 12.
- Building your marketing campaign around a free content offer. Page 14.
- And so much more….
To get your FREE Bonus Report … and to order Secrets of Successful Content Marketing … click below now: